Contributions are temporarily disabled in this live stream.
- The heads of diplomacy of the G7meeting for three days in Wangels, Germany, maintained pressure on Moscow, saying on Saturday May 14 thatthey “will never recognize” the borders that Russia is trying to change since the war in Ukraine.
- Russia suspended electricity deliveries to Finland on Saturdaydue to alleged “unpaid”. Tension is rising between Moscow and Helsinki, which has announced its desire to join ” without delay “ to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) under the influence of the Russian offensive in Ukraine. Moscow, which sees this with a very dim view, has already threatened a response “military-technical”. The Finnish electricity network operator assured that it could do without power imports from Russia.
- According to the Institute for the Study of War, the ISW, “Ukraine seems to have won the battle of Kharkiv”. The American think tank says that the Russian army has not tried to resist Ukrainian counterattacks in recent days, and is now focusing on “an orderly withdrawal” troops trying to surround Ukraine’s second city.
- Many losses in equipment and personnel on the Russian side were announced on Facebook on Friday evening, Serhi Haïdaï, Ukrainian governor of the Luhansk region: “ There is heavy fighting on the border with the Donetsk region, near Popasna. It’s a horror, but they are still trying to achieve their ends. However, according to the interceptions [de communications téléphoniques], we understand that an entire battalion has refused to attack because they see what is happening. » In Mariupol, negotiations would be “very difficult” on the fate of the last defenders of the strategic port city.
- A Russian army in slow motion, says London. The British Ministry of Defense said on Friday that Ukrainian forces had pushed back ” with success “ a Russian attempt to cross the river near Sievierodonetsk, causing heavy losses for the troops in Moscow, and felt that the Russian army was not “did not achieve significant progress although it concentrated its forces there afterwards” to have given up on conquering kyiv.
- Tensions between Volodymyr Zelensky and Emmanuel Macron. The Ukrainian president regretted with the Italian chain Rai that his French counterpart strives to dialogue with Moscow. “ We must not look for a way out for Russia, and Macron is doing it in vain”he said before adding “I know he wanted to get results in the mediation between Russia and Ukraine, but he didn’t get any. “The Elysée reacted:” The President of the Republic has never discussed anything with Vladimir Putin without the agreement of President Zelensky. »
- In a Facebook post, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said this morning that his country was entering “in a new and long phase of war”. To prepare for this, kyiv plans to increase its production capacity for military equipment, and toto be able to arm a million citizens.
- A separatist region of Georgia is going to hold a referendum on integration with Russia. The authorities of the pro-Russian Georgian separatist region of South Ossetia announced on Friday evening that this consultation would be held on July 17.
- The European Union (EU) will provide additional military assistance of 500 million euros Ukraine to help it defend itself against the Russian invader, EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Investigation. How Vladimir Putin revived NATO
Report. In Portugal, the care of Ukrainian refugees by pro-Russian activists causes scandal
Narrative. Eurovision: under the kitsch, the rhinestones and the sequins, the weight of geopolitics
Decryption. Ukraine wary of ‘European political community’ project
Story. The myth of the decisive battle
Analysis. Tortured Russian prisoners: videos verified by The world implicate a battalion of Ukrainian volunteers
Decryption. The war in Ukraine reignites the hypersonic arms race
Find our live yesterday on this link.