Find here all of our live #UKRAINE
#ZACHAROPOULOU An investigation has been opened against Secretary of State Chrysoula Zacharopoulou after two complaints of rape, as part of her duties as a gynecologist.
How to avoid parliamentary deadlock? Emmanuel Macron continues his tour of the political forces, in search of a difficult consensus in the Assembly. The President of the Republic received Julien Bayou (EELV), Adrien Quatennens (LFI) and Edouard Philippe (Horizons) in the morning.
• The contours of the new Assembly continue to take shape: the elected representative of Eure-et-Loir Olivier Marleix, 51, was elected at the head of the LR deputies, while the elected representative of Yvelines Aurore Bergé was elected president of the Renaissance deputies (LREM). Laurent Marcangeli, mayor of Ajaccio, will be president of the Horizons group.
• A devastating earthquake hit a remote border area in southeast Afghanistan this morning. More than a thousand people have been killed and several hundred more are injured, authorities said, fearing the toll could rise further.
•A Turkish merchant ship was able to leave the Ukrainian port of Mariupol after grain talks in Moscow. Follow our live.
• Government of national unity, alliance on a case-by-case basis… Emmanuel Macron is studying his options after having received the various leaders of political parties yesterday. Follow our live.
• Russian forces “coldly executed” Ukrainian photojournalist Maks Levin and his companion, according to Reporters Without Borders. As a reminder, the bodies of Maks Levin and Oleksiy Chernyshov were found on April 1 in the north of kyiv, three weeks after their disappearance.
• US senators, Democrats and Republicans, have unveiled a bill to restrict gun violence after a series of deadly shootings. Even if the text remains far below the measures demanded by President Joe Biden, it nevertheless constitutes a first for decades.
• Vigilance remains in order in 15 departments. Météo France places 9 departments on orange alert for the risk of thunderstorms, as well as 6 departments under the orange heatwave flag. Nevertheless, “the heatwave episode is coming to an end and orange vigilance will be lifted on the 4 p.m. map”specifies the forecaster.
• Kick-off for the summer sales, which open this morning and end on July 19. Despite galloping inflation, traders hope for a revival of the sector, which has seen an upturn “brittle” in May.